Sunday, December 24, 2006

Blogger layout

1224 Better part of the day

I was quite frustrated with the Layout and additional functionality of Blogger.

The Blogger help site provides users with tons of good hacks, like recent comments in sidebar, listing commenters of a post - stuff that can help make the blog so much better.
But no, can't get it to work unless I switch back to the "classic template", otherwise the code provided by the help site seems to work as well as garbage. And classic template is crap, because I need to do crazy CSS coding every time I want to do any tiny thing, like changing the order of or even removing some sidebar items. Gah!
Hopefully I can find some stuff that can actually work with the new templates...

I did add the "Search by Label" and "Dunno where to start?" widgets that will hopefully improve the reading flow of the website, and my precious readers will be less lost and actually come back in the future.

1 comment:

TinA said...

Blogger prevented people from leaving comments on your earlier launch dates!!! What a bummer!